You can easily record all the important statistics about your catch into the fish trace logbook. The following data can be registered on a per fish Basis:
- Type of fish
- Body of water
- Water temperature and depth (optional)
- Catch and release C&R
- Length and weight
- Weather conditions (automatic or manually)
- GPS Location (automatic or manually)
- Picture (optional)
- Date and time (automatic or manually)
- Technique (optional)
- Comments (optional, e.g. bait, Equipment)
For detailed information about features and functions go to the page: fish trace on Android – User Guide
Users can always search through registered fish and view details about the catch. With a single click, selected fish can be uploaded to www.fishtrace.info, shared with other fishermen and entered into competitions.
The fishing app is simplified and personalized with the fisherman’s name (nickname), the bodies of water, the most common types of fish and user photos. There are also added functions for managing the app, such as:
- Multi Lingual User Interface (EN, DE, other comming soon)
- Intelligent fish selection thanks to adaptive selection menu
- Intelligent waters selection thanks to adaptive selection menu
- Personal preferences for frequent / fast adding of fishes
- Export and import (backup and restore) of statistics
- Clear (reset) the statistics
- Feedback (of all kinds)
Starting with a crazy idea, now there is finally a fisherman’s logbook app and website, for and from fishermen! The app is free of charge and the project is completely non-profit. The truest reward will be when lots of fishermen showcase their best catches from around the world.
To motivate our audience, we will do our best to launch sponsored competitions which will then be decided by user Reviews.