You can easily record all the important statistics about your catch into the fish trace logbook app. The following data can be registered on a per fish basis:
- Type of fish
- Body of water
- Water temperature and depth (optional)
- Length and weight
- Weather conditions (automatic, optional)
- Solunar data (automatic)
- GPS Location (optional)
- Picture (optional)
- Date and time (automatic)
- Technique (optional)
- Comments (optional, e.g. bait, Equipment)
Users can always search through registered fish and view details about the catch. With a single click, selected fish can be uploaded to www.fishtrace.info, shared with other fishermen and entered into competitions.
The fishing logbook app is simplified and personalized with the fisherman’s name (nickname), the bodies of water, the most common types of fish and user photos. There are also added functions for managing the app, such as:
- The fish selection list will be expanded based on user entries (submit suggestion)
- The waters selection will be expanded based on user entries (submit suggestion)
- Personal preferences for frequent / fast adding of fishes
- Excellent offline availability
- Export and import (backup and restore) of statistics
- Clear (reset) the statistics
- Feedback (of all kinds)
Starting with a crazy idea, now there is finally a fisherman’s app and website, for and from fishermen! The fishing app is free of charge and the project is completely non-profit. The truest reward will be when lots of fishermen showcase their best catches from around the world.
To motivate our audience, we will do our best to launch sponsored competitions which will then be decided by user reviews.